Monday, December 5, 2011

Disney Water Bottle Wraps/ Labels

So this past weekend we went to a SUPER CUTE Minnie Mouse birthday party.  You would have thought that it was straight out of a magazine...seriously.  It was beautiful!  (Great job on Londyn's party Kim!)  So, being the crafty person that I am, I got some ideas from her party and am tweaking some of them for Brianna's Disney party.  The wraps on Etsy are crazy (price-wise: we are talking $15-$20 for 24 or so...) for what they are and the little time that they take to make - so I decided to make my own.

Here's the tutorial:
First cut your 8.5"x11" design into strips.

Next take off your water bottle labels.

Next take clear packing tape and lay your wrap face down on the tape.  (Make sure you have quite a bit of extra tape on each side of your wrap.) 
Next take your label and start with taping it to the water bottle.  Wrap the label around the bottle and finish by taping on top of the rest of the paper.  The clear packing tape will help with the label getting wet and bleeding the ink, however, it certainly does NOT make it waterproof. I would suggest that these bottles be kept in the fridge or at room temperature to keep the labels safe.

Final product - quotes side

More quotes...

Picture side: Tinker Bell, Disney Princesses, Minnie and Mickey Mouse, and Toy Story 2

Close up of the bottles...

Another close up...

And a close up of the Tinker Bell quote..."Faith and Trust...all you need is Pixie Dust!" - Tinker Bell

Total cost (including $3.99 water bottle pack at Kroger...about $4.15 - not too bad if you ask me).

If anyone knows how to upload a file onto BlogSpot, please e-mail me (mlust1@yahoo.com) and I would love to share my template for the water bottle wraps.

2 comments:

  1. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. birthday water bottle labels

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time visit to your blog and I am very interested in the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info: Food label designs

    ReplyDelete